They're not just buzz words, it's what we do. Healthcare Learning Innovations builds innovative learning environments harnessing the latest online simulation technologies to create interactive educational simulations. This technology increases new skill retention and performance through immersive, elevated engagement while learning. Sentinel City® is one example of our simulation capabilities, which extend far beyond a virtual city, hospital or rural setting. We build fully customized educational simulations to meet the specific needs of your business, from the ground up. Tell us about your simulation needs, and we’ll build your custom solution.
Sentinel City® 3.0 Population Health Simulation
Sentinel City® 3.0 is an immersive educational environment enabling students to earn simulated clinical hours and practice experience by completing home and family support assessments, clinical care plans, windshield surveys and other assignments online, at their convenience. Faculty from any educational healthcare program, both physical and online, can benefit from using this advanced educational simulation. It comes with robust faculty and student support materials making usage and implementation easy. Integrate Sentinel City® 3.0 Population Health Simulation into your course to enhance your curriculum and learner experience.
- 17 complete assignments with AACN Essentials mapping and grading rubrics for easy implementation
- Students earn simulated clinical hours and practice experience
- Integrated Family Support and Home Assessments with Nursing Diagnosis and Final Care Plan
- Faculty dashboard monitors student progress and time spent in the simulation
- 13 detailed in-sim characters for use in individual case studies
- Useful for both pre-licensure and RN to BSN nursing students
- Interactive city Mayor provides students with information on the city's 8 community subsystems
- Applicable to disaster preparedness, infection prevention and control, general education and more
- 24/7 online access from the comfort and safety of home
Find out more about Sentinel City® 3.0 Population Health Simulation
I enjoyed the Sentinel City experience. I felt the program was very easy to use and fun. More detailed than I had expected. More realistic than I had anticipated. I strongly recommend this program to other students.
Sentinel City®, Client Student
As an instructor, the simulation allowed me to know exactly what the students were viewing so that I could draw connections between their reading and what they were seeing.
Sentinel City®, Client Faculty Member
Awards & Nominations
2017 SIIA CODiE Award finalist
Sentinel City® 3.0 Population Health Simulation is a finalist in two categories:
- Best Emerging Education Technology Solution
- Best Virtual Learning Solution
Client Schools Include: